Under immediate direction, the Dispatcher provides timely response of customer inquiries up to and including pick-ups, schedules, product orders, etc., and all other aspects of a customer's needs. Dispatches vehicles on a pre-set route for each driver daily in the interest of efficient customer service.
* Assist Customer Service with customer requests (SFDC cases), route changes, rescheduling for pickups/missed stops
* Provides highest level of customer service to all customers in line with Customer 1st objectives
* Monitor, process, and escalate SFDC cases to supervisor
* Assist walk-in customers
* Assists drivers with problems/issues as issues arise (during the day or at the end of the route)
* Reviews driver's paperwork and files paperwork
* Review and updates routes, new customers based on daily communication, reroutes existing customers as required
* Ensures that routes are balanced daily
* Assists Trans Supervisor/Manager as needed/directed
* Update SAP data / notes
* Communicate performance standards and objectives
* Keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional, organized, and participative meetings
* Always maintains a safe and compliant workplace
* In the absence of a manager/supervisor, monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries
* Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 2+ Years' experience, preferably in Transportation, Logistics, Routing and Customer Service
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job.This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.